Wednesday, August 22, 2007

गरीबी मत हटाओ

It may be a few months if not more for the elections but I've made up my mind. I'm going to vote for the party whose hidden agenda is to increase the economic divide between the haves and the have-nots! A counter argument to this point can actually be that each one is at it from 1947... Do I really have to rack my brains??

That's not the point though, I was struck by this *evil* thought, just as I was relaxing on my couch after a strenous couple of hours of house cleaning...

Lets face it... the reason that 24 hours a day are sufficient for us (after deducting 9 hours at work, 7 hours sleep, 2 hours food, 1 hour of other essentials and so on) is because someone is actually doing the so-called dirty work for us. It actually feels like I'm refering to some mafiosi organization... But our lives are more affected by the absence of the maid servant than they are by say anyone!!

Can you even imagine the scenario if the garibi actually goes away?

It'll be just as bad as the western countries... Even worse actually because of the excessive pollution and dust... I mean doing your own dishes, cleaning up your own house. Yikes!!

It's bad enough that our youth is spending their precious nights in office doing the dirty work for others... If we have to start doing our own dirty work... It'll feel like being in Nepal or Bangladesh or some such 4th/5th world country!

This should never happen. We need economic divide to stay... That's the only sure-shot way to happiness!

Cheers!

No comments: