Sunday, June 03, 2007

Keep Safe Distance

I was standing in the ATM queue today evening waiting for my turn. I was due to go in next into the glass cabin. The person ahead of me, who was in the ATM at that time, was a 50-odd year old average type of guy. Since he was taking a really long time and I was in a bit of a rush myself, I peeped in to look what was taking so long! The guy inside gives me a really suspicious look and tries to cover up the card or whatever. So I just look away and give the guy his space!

I start thinking this is probably the only occasion which evokes such a reaction. I mean how often have you seen people cover up their grocery when you have a look to see how long the person in front of you would be taking or people rushing to cover up their suitcases while checking in for a flight or covering up their food while waiting for their turn at a marriage buffet!

It did seem like an exception!

But then suddenly it struck me like a bolt of lightening this wasnt a singular occurance of such reaction. Though I hadnt had a first hand experience of such a thing but I could almost visualise this thing happening!

When people are waiting for their turn at a public urinal... Yep! You got the picture... I wont elaborate any more!

Then I came to a conclusion... Whenever people are using something they have to remove from their pants they become conscious of peeping toms... So I guess when you're standing in a queue which involves removing stuff from pants you should keep safe distance, I would advice minimum 6 feet!!

Cheers!

No comments: