Thursday, June 07, 2007

Don't Fix if it ain't Broken!

This isn't a poem... It's more in the Hip Hop genre... So a Hip Hop rhythm will help appreciate my efforts as a lyricist!

Here we go...

Couple of days back I did something uncharacteristic,
The results of my act were surprisingly drastic!

It was supposed to be a good deed,
Instead I fell into some trouble indeed!

Let me tell ya this little tale,
I was more or less destined to fail!

In my project, work on a tool by the Big Blue,
And I’m sincere guy and that is true!

I don’t know why I decided to check for it’s update,
Strange coz I never do such a crucial mistake!

I got to know there were three interim fixes,
I installed all of them without thinking twixes!

Being overconfident by nature, thought I was the boss,
Within minutes all this arrogance went for a toss!

The tool got screwed up, my work was stalled,
I rued my decision to have this crap installed!

I tried my best to rectify this non-sense,
As expected the software defied all common sense!

Rather reluctantly I mailed my boss,
No other option but to ask for SOS!

Dawn, my boss was amazed at my achievement,
She asked Blake to help me in my predicament!

Blake was the highly skilled technical guy,
Who solved such problems in a blink of an eye!

After a couple of days of miscommunication,
Whether to reinstall or repair was Blake’s decision!

Today morning I was rather frustrated,
Work halting was one of the things I hated!

So there we were two rivals in a fight,
It was just me against the coded might!

I struck the first blow and took down it’s defenses,
I guess I was completely out of my senses!

I had to do whateva it took,
Since it was pointless sticking by the book!

After a few minutes of curses & battle,
It was time to prove my mettle!

Finally I dealt a fatal blow in desperation,
And the software gave up in exasperation!

It was all over and I was happy,
The entire episode was way too crappy!

I had finally learnt a valuable lesson,
Don’t fix if it ain't broken!

No comments: