Saturday, July 07, 2007

Waste Harvesting

I was lucky to be a witness to an innovation at work.

Today I saw a corporation garbage truck collecting trash from the (originally) yellow coloured public trash cans which are essentially a pointer indicating 'Dispose off your waste somewhere in this vicinity, not necessarily into the trash can'. There's an environment of it's own in and around these fragrant locations.

Anyways, I did not spot the truck at once. I just spotted a trail of some unrecognisable filth similar to the water trails left behind by water tankers. I caught a glimpse of this trail somewhere near a chowk and since (luckily) I was following going by the same route I ultimately spotted the 'animal' which was responsible for this. It had been halted by the side of the road near a trash can and was doing it's stuff. I don't need to reiterate the condition of this leaky truck!

My mind went back to a similar trail I had come across a few months back. It was however of soil and a few random leaves left behind by a truck which was planting trees along a road. A good job to aid in decoration of the roads and rain water harvesting! It was doing it's bit to change the composition of air.

Then I realised this must be a new project by the corporation. Another (more successful) effort to beautify the road, also try and change the composition of air.

I bet they call this Waste-Harvesting!

Cheers!

No comments: