Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

Dont you think we've all been robbed? I mean... seriously, seriously, seriously robbed!!

It's going to be 2008 in a few hours and look around; It's nothing like what they had showed us. I loved all those space movies and TV shows. All of them were set in the year 2000-something and we had all kinds of gadgets, robots doing chores, flying cars etc... We were promised all that. They had made us dream of that world.

We even had machine versus human wars!! I mean can you beat that?? We're just about lucky if all our really pathetically primary instruments get through the day without a glitch. I'm really disappointed with the whole way in which this 21st century has come off so far. Not even one thing's been upto the mark. Lets forget about time travel, journey at the speed of light, light sabres and things like that. We haven't even got those video units available at public phones a la Total Recall.

We get all excited because NASA found some bacterial excreta frozen in space and time some quad-zillion years ago. What happened to all those bad guys we were supposed to fight for the survival of earth?? We can't even reach the stupid Mars which according to me never had life and will never have life. Out of billions of planets in the universe what are the odds of two adjacent planets having life? This is Grade 8 probability!! So my hopes to meet aliens too have been dashed...

But I had some issues with the fashion industry of the future. I mean what happens between the 70s-80s and 2000-something that everyone seems to be wearing those tight gray suits with a colored 'V' depending on your position in society. Probably the fashion designers were all killed by an irritated robot or something but what happened to all the clothes which normal people wear? That was the only thing, I dreaded about the future.

The Starship Enterprise was my ideal living room. You know what I mean? Big chair, nice screen, remote control.. that's why Star Trek really was the ultimate fantasy. Just hurling through space in your living room, watching TV. That's why all the aliens were always dropping in, because they were the only one that had a big screen. Friday night game... gotta be there!!

So that is what I'm wishing for, like every year, this new year's. I want all those sci-fi stuff we'd been shown to come into existence and quick!

Happy New Year to you all...
Cheers!

No comments: