Friday, September 07, 2007

A Long Lost Indian

I heard this on TV today and tried to search the net for a detailed report regarding this incident which would actually provide some authencity. I have no faith in the tabloid journalistic style of the Indian media. I didn't get any concrete news piece on this but I would still go ahead and post it with this disclaimer!

Apparently there's some thief by the name Peter Edison who takes pride in his art. He stole from a department store and painted the line 'Peter Edison was here' on the nearby wall or floor or something like that. I know pretty dumb for a thief but supposedly he did it. May be he was inspired by some Hollywood flick.

As expected the police picked him up in under an hour and at that time he was wearing one of the T-shirt he had stolen some time back. Doesn't sound like a very skilled thief... or anyone with any considerable brains either. Anyways...

My hypothesis is, assuming this story is some what true, this guy's name wasn't really Peter Edison. Even if he was Peter Edison, he was in all probabilities some long lost Indian. It was really a no-brainer!

Are you still wondering how I came to this conclusion?

I really really dont know any other country where people have the hobby of engraving 'Raju loves Pammi' messages wherever they go.

Cheers!

No comments: