Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Canine Attack!

Here's something you don't have happen to you every day.

I was driving home minding my own business a couple of days back, when the window to the car in front of me opens. Some sort of giant dog sticks his head out the window. I laugh, because the dog is monstrous. Like a Marmaduke kind of dog, except being a real dog he was much funnier than the one depicted in the comic strip. It keeps shaking it's head from left to right, I presume from staring at the lines on the road or the vehicles or something. Frankly, Who cares!

Everything is fine for a bit, and then I suddenly realize that my windshield is being pelted by something. Big gobs of something foamy and wet. This giant dog is foaming at the mouth, slobbering, whatever you want to call it -- and it is whipping backwards from the dog to my windshield. I couldn't believe my luck.

I made a split-second decision to turn on the wipers -- which, in retrospect, was the absolute worst thing I could have done. The wipers proceeded to smear dog lugie from one end of my windshield to another. And soon it turned into a piece of art across the windshield. It even dried out in the wind. It was a pretty site. To top it off, I was completely out of the windshield cleaning water. So I had to drive all the way home peering through dog lugie. Some of it was even on the bonnet & the side view mirror. Good times are here to stay!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Aparna said...

disgusting!:)
I am glad you added humor to that, else it would have been my worst nightmare to read about a dog foaming at its mouth while I enjoy my cup of coffee in the hope of a weekend approaching!