Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spam

Technology has made great strides in past few years. The spam mails are supposedly one of the areas where marketers and IT folks have worked in order to have some sort of a targeted marketing exercise. So that basically means that the spam you get should be able to give a fairly good indication of what you are likely to buy, looking to buy, want, need or atleast lack.

Here's a screenshot of what I've been receiving lately.


So I must be needing a home, cars, beautiful feet, a master's degree among other things.

Now since most of you would be receiving such spam mails you can notice the absence of a particular category of spam mails. Yeah! You got it... Now I'm definitely happy that atleast whatever technical mumbo-jumbo they use for this targeted marketing didn't put me into the category which needs anything of that sort.

So I must be quite lucky!

Cheers!

No comments: